Thursday 17 January 2013

Bearded Tits in Hyde Park

Yesterday, I took advantage of the morning off work and what seemed like the first blue skies for an age to visit Hyde Park, where Inner London's first Bearded Tits had been present for a few days. I knew they'd been showing well, but wasn't prepared for quite how well that meant! Spent an enjoyable couple of hours getting used to my new SLR and lens in a range of lighting conditions from quite overcast to bright sunlight. I'm quite pleased with the results; it's interesting to see how the conditions affected the colour of the images.

You can click on any of the below to make them in to frame-fillers.







3 comments:

  1. Nice for the first outing with new camera !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! What's the camera? Funnily enough on my second visit I was trying out my fathers 20D which he had just bought! You can see some images here: http://earlywormbirder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/20d-sigma-500mm-happy-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. Camera is a 7D; lens 400mm f5.6! You've got some nice shots there yourself Gideon.

    ReplyDelete